Lafayette USTA Flex League is FUN and FLEXIBLE!
We know what it’s like. You’ve got a big-time passion for tennis, but you’ve got little time for yourself. Every week, you’re pulled in so many different directions that you sometimes need a GPS system just to find your way back home. Sure, you’d love to make tennis a regular part of your life, but let’s face it, there’s nothing regular about your life. Maybe you’ve thought about playing league tennis many times, but since you can’t commit to a regular day and time, you obviously can’t play in a league.
USTA Flex Leagues are designed with your busy schedule in mind. You make the schedule. You set the time. You play when it’s convenient for you. Flex Leagues provide all the thrills of league tennis, built around your busy lifestyle. With Flex Leagues, you can control everything—with the possible exception of your opponent’s down-the-line forehand.
- We provide you with a weekly suggested “play by date” schedule a few days after registration closes, but you and your opponents decide WHEN and WHERE you will play. (The FUN of leagues with the convenience of FLEX.)
- You can play the week 5 match the first week, or you can play 2 matches (or more) in a week, or none.You just need to complete the matches by the end of the season.
- The number of matches/weeks in a schedule depends on the number of players/teams who registerfor your flight level, but we typically do not schedule fewer than four or more than seven matches in a “season.”
- You can use a SUBwhen you need to because of travel, injury, or whatever. You don’t need to tell us unless you are getting a “permanent sub.”
- You don’t have to be a USTA member to play FLEX,but you do get discounted registration (Tennis Magazine, and more than half of your membership comes back to your community in grants, scholarships, programs, etc.)
- You can select the NTRP rating level you wish to play, even if you have a current USTA rating. So you can play UP and you can play DOWN; we just want you to select the best competitive level for all.
- Your Flex matches NEVER calculate in your USTA rating.
The registration deadline for the SPRING 2019 season is end of day (ET), Mon, 1/14.
Play will begin 2/4 – approx. 4/28, depending on the number of players/teams in your flight. Singles only 2.5 – 4.5.
To REGISTER for USTA Flex League go to:
Select from the LEFT Navigation menu to register by selecting SEARCH FOR A FLEX LEAGUE.
Under Division – select your division
Under State – select LA
Under Metro Area – select Lafayette
Tennis link will take you to the page where you can select your flight level for details and/or to register.